Throughout the years of working in the real estate business, I've been privileged to help hundreds of first time home buyers with finding and purchasing their very first home. Many of those buyers did not have a clue as to what to do first and were absolutely overwhelmed with all the information they came across on the internet. If you are one of those buyers, rest assured that you have come to the right place for expert real estate navigation, information and representation. The icing on the cake is that all my services to buyers are absolutely free of charge! My job is to make sure that you get all the necessary information relating to real estate so that you make sound decisions in all of your transactions.
The best way to begin down the road of home ownership is to get an eagle's eye view of the journey you are about to take first, so that you know the basic steps, expectations and challenges. Whether you decide to come to my office or set up a conference call, I can assure you that by the time we are finished with this overview, you'll feel empowered to start your new journey to home ownership!
In the meantime, below is a Buyer's Directory with all sorts of topics that address each stage of the buying process so that you can scan through and quickly find any info that is relevant to you right now.
I hope to meet you soon and help you on your new and exciting journey to home ownership!
1. QUICK START
- First Steps for First Time Homebuyers
- How Much Money will I Need to Buy a Home?
- Top 10 Questions I Get From Buyers
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #1...What's the First Step Towards Home Ownership?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #2...How To Streamline My Home Search
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #3...How Does My Agent Get Paid?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #4...Who Should I Call to Get a Showing?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #5...How Do I Really Know What to Offer?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #6...What Do I Do Now that I am Under Contract?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #7...Can I Get Out of a Contract?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #8...When Do I Schedule a Home Inspection?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #9...What is a 203K Loan and Why Should I Know About It?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #10..What is a HUD Home?
- Getting Pre-Approved
- Types of mortgage lenders
- The advantages of different types of mortgage lenders
- Items you need when you apply
- What can you afford?
- Your Savings and Down Payment
- FICO® Score - a Brief Explanation
- FICO® Scores and Your Mortgage
- Where Does the Money Come From for Mortgage Loans?
- Top 10 questions regarding the role of the Realtor®
- Working with an Agent
- How does a Realtor® get paid?
- Using a Buyer's Agent
- Who should you call to show you a home?
4. WHAT TYPE OF HOME TO BUY?
- Hot, normal and cold markets
- Avoiding Financial Stress
- Finding the right home
- Finding the right Seller
- Thinking about buying a Foreclosure?
- Condominiums and PUD ownership
- What is a HUD home?
- What is a HUD showcase home?
5. MAKING AN OFFER
- Making an offer
- Appraisals and Market Value
- Why you should not make any major purchases at this time
- What about the HUD bidding cycles?
6. THE HOME INSPECTION
- Importance of a Home inspection
- Home inspections and warranties
- When do you schedule a home inspection?
- The first thing you do when under contract
- Lead Poisoning
- Lead based paint and mold remediation in HUD homes
7. BRINGING EVERYTHING TOGETHER
- After the Home Inspection Period
- Getting Closing Set Up
- Common ways of holding title
- Closing and Title Costs
- Functions of an escrow
- Escrows and closing costs
- What is title insurance?
- Why you need title insurance
- Property Taxes
- Tax Considerations
9. AFTER CLOSING
- Delinquent property taxes
- Original Title receipt