Cathy's First Time Home Buyer Center
Throughout the years of working full time in the real estate business, I've been privileged to help hundreds of first time home buyers with finding and purchasing their very first home. Unfortunately, many of those buyers who came to me were absolutely overwhelmed at first with all the information they came across on the internet. If you are one of those buyers, rest assured that you have come to the right place for expert real estate navigation, information and representation. The icing on the cake is that all my services to buyers are absolutely free of charge. You will never need to pay me a dime. My job is simply this: to make sure that you get all the necessary information relating to real estate so that you can make sound decisions in all of your transactions, to help you navigate this market in the best way possible, and to be there with you every step of the way.
I have found that the easiest way for first time home buyers to begin down the road of home ownership is to first get an eagle's eye view of the journey they are about to take so that they know the basic steps, expectations and some of the challenges. Whether you decide to come to my office or set up a conference call, I can assure you that by the time we are finished with this overview, you will feel empowered to start your new journey to home ownership.
In the meantime, below is a Buyer's Directory with all sorts of topics that address each stage of the buying process so that you can quickly scan through the topics to find what is relevant to you at this very moment. If you have additional questions on any real estate subject, just contact me so we answer your specific questions.
I hope to meet you soon!
Your Professional Real Estate Navigator
First Time Home Buyer's
Directory of Articles
1. QUICK START
- First Steps for First Time Homebuyers
- Top 10 Questions I Get From Buyers
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #1...What's the First Step Towards Home Ownership?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #2...How To Streamline My Home Search
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #3...How Does My Agent Get Paid?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #4...Who Should I Call to Get a Showing?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #5...How Do I Really Know What to Offer?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #6...What Do I Do Now that I am Under Contract?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #7...Can I Get Out of a Contract?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #8...When Do I Schedule a Home Inspection?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #9...What is a 203K Loan and Why Should I Know About It?
- Cathy's Buyer Tip #10..What is a HUD Home?
2. GETTING YOUR LOAN
- Getting Pre-Approved
- Types of mortgage lenders
- The advantages of different types of mortgage lenders
- Documents your lender will need for your loan
- What can you afford?
- Your Savings and Down Payment
- FICO® Score - a Brief Explanation
- FICO® Scores and Your Mortgage
- Where Does the Money Come From for Mortgage Loans?
3. AGENT REPRESENTATION
- Top 10 questions regarding the role of the Realtor®
- Working with an Agent
- How does a Realtor® get paid?
- Using a Buyer's Agent
- Who should you call to show you a home?
4. WHAT TYPE OF HOME TO BUY?
- Hot, normal and cold markets
- Avoiding Financial Stress
- Finding the right home
- Finding the right Seller
- Thinking about buying a Foreclosure?
- Foreclosures Condominiums and PUD ownership
- What is a HUD home?
- The HUD buying process
- What is a HUD showcase home?
5. MAKING AN OFFER
- Making an offer
- Appraisals and Market Value
- Why you should not make any major purchases at this time
- What about the HUD bidding cycles?
6. THE HOME INSPECTION AND REPAIRS
- When do you schedule a home inspection?
- Importance of a Home inspection
- Home inspections and warranties
- The first thing you do when under contract
- Repair requests
- Lead Poisoning
- Lead based paint and mold remediation in HUD homes
7. BRINGING EVERYTHING TOGETHER
- What to expect at Closing
- Closing and Title Costs
- Common ways of holding title
- Functions of an escrow
- Escrows and closing costs
- What is title insurance?
- Why you need title insurance
- Property Taxes
- Tax Considerations
9. AFTER CLOSING